Becerra pledges to debate Hilton more than once between now and Nov. 3

This is read by an automated voice.Please report any issues or inconsistencies here.
See more from the L.A.Times in Google Search.
Set us as preferred Democrat Xavier Becerra pledged on Tuesday to participate in more than one debate against Steve Hilton, his GOP rival in the California governor’s race.“We will have debates, and between now and Nov.3, we will continue to go out there and meet with folks to make sure they have an opportunity to see the candidates,” Becerra told reporters after greeting business owners, community leaders and voters in a walking tour of Little Tokyo.
“Voters need to have good information.We’ll make sure they have it, and there will be debates.”Hilton has been needling Becerra for not being as publicly visible on the campaign trail since the two men advanced in the June primary.
The British-born conservative strategist and political commentator raises chickens at his Silicon Valley home and has said he named one of them “Xavier.”“Xavier Becerra wants to be governor while dodging questions from the press and a debate with me,” Hilton posted on the social media platform X earlier this month.”What else do you expect from a lazy, arrogant, entitled ‘empty suit’ 36-year machine politician.”Becerra held a 55% to 37% lead over Hilton in a UC Berkeley/L.A.Times poll released Thursday.
The margin is unsurprising given the edge that Democrats have in voter registration over Republicans in a state that last elected GOP politicians to statewide office in 2006.California As the campaign for California governor heads into the general election, Democrat Xavier Becerra maintains a strong lead over Republican Steve Hilton, according to a new poll.Becerra, asked Tuesday about Hilton’s criticism that he was “coasting” to election in the November general election to replace termed-out Gov.
Gavin Newsom, rejected the notion.“Well, if I were trying to coast, I’d be out on the coast right now instead of here ...